Popular Posts

Friday, November 4, 2011

MY PROJECTS

In my first blog, I stated that I had made all of the grandchildren their baby blankets from simple, easy crochet patterns. We have three granddaughters and three grandsons, all born within a six-year period. After the girls got beyond the baby stage, I made pink dresses for the girls from a simple, easy crochet pattern. As each one of the grandchildren began to get a little older, I started making large Afghans from another simple, easy crochet pattern. I let each one of them pick out the color combinations that they would like. The girls picked out lighter pastel colors and the three boys picked out bolder colors. All the grandkids loved their blankets. I started with the oldest grandchild and worked my way down. It usually took me a winter season to get one finished.



Over the years of crocheting, I have made many, many simple easy crocheted doilies. I have given many as wedding gifts, bridal shower gifts, birthday gifts, Christmas gifts, as a gift to a friend, and the list goes on and on. Of course, I made and am using many doilies for our home.

I don’t imagine that any of you have done this, but I have a few projects going that have are not done, yet. Several years ago, I started crocheting a tablecloth from a simple, easy crochet pattern. Well you guessed it, that tablecloth is still waiting for me to get it finished. Maybe this winter I’ll get started again. Also, I have a couple of other projects in the works, but somehow I have gotten distracted from crocheting from all my simple easy crochet patterns.

Writing these articles (blogs) about crocheting has started the desire in me again to get started with doing some crocheting from my simple easy crochet patterns.

Here’s to you until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment